On a worse than expected outcome, you're delayed by a mishap and lose time.
On a better than expected outcome, you hit a good stride, or find a game trail or something that makes your travel easier, and you make your day's travel distance early, letting you make a few extra miles, or give you extra time for study and finding a good campsite.
- Poison ivy, etc. - lose 10%
- Lost - lose 25% of day
- Lost - lose 50% of day
- Horse throws shoe, depends on group's skills, or push on without it (slight chance of horse getting lamed - maybe 5%)
- Horse lame / Sprained ankle - lose horse
- Horse spooked - if pack animal, lose 10% of day tracking it down
- Thrown - someone thrown and hurt
- Kicked - someone kicked by horse and hurt
- Good momentum or favourable game trail - 20% extra or 20% early (more time to look for a campsite)