A natural 20 is always a crit. In addition, for every Fighter level, add one to your threat range (i.e. a 2nd Level Fighter crits on an 18, 19, or 20.
Critical Hits and Entries
On a critical hit, an opportunity for an entry (the term for moving in and attacking with your off hand) has presented itself. You can choose to enter, or to do damage normally.
If you choose to enter, roll a d6 and consult this chart:
If you choose to do damage, roll another attack roll. If this hits, do double damage (i.e. 1d6 become 2d6, 2d6-L becomes 4d6-2L).
Disarms, Locks, and Throws
- You get your opponents weapon away from them and toss/kick it away 5 or 10 feet.
- Opponent's choice:
- Take 1d6 damage (bypasses all armour), drop your weapon, but remain standing
- Move with the lock, and get forced to the ground. Opponent will still be armed but will be pinned to the ground by the lock.
- 2d6-L damage, Armour Reduction 1, opponent will be lying on the ground.
- Weapon or object in your off hand: choose to drop it and enter, or strike with it normally.
- Shield in your off hand: strike with the shield as a medium weapon (1d6 damage).